Pages

Saturday 20 December 2014

Little Boy Blue Baby Matinee Coat


Along with my groceries I picked up a couple of balls of this lovely blue yarn at my local supermarket for the bargain price of $3.83 per ball. It is Koala Myrtle 8 ply 100% acrylic yarn 100 gm (297 metres) in Little Boy Blue (#540/TY8601.06). This is a soft yarn and knitted up very well.

The supermarket had four colours only of the nine available: White, Little Boy Blue, Flame Red and Mid Grey. Jet Black, Vanilla, Nautical Blue, Orchid Pink and Pansy Purple are the other colours.

The baby matinee coat is an "easy knit design" from the UK Hand Knitting Association's range for Baby Double Knitting (pattern UKHKA 2). The simple lace pattern was easy to follow and the garment was quick to knit: a great weekend project.


The UK Hand Knitting Association have some lovely pattens on their site. You can check them out here. I have a few in my pattern stash and am looking forward to knitting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Child's Cabled Hooded Jacket - My Next Project

Deciding what to knit next is very exciting and can never be rushed. There are so many patterns and wonderful yarns available that a choice ...