Pages

Friday 5 December 2014

Dollymix - Aptly Named Yarn for Knitting Dolls


I love the colours in the Dollymix range of double knitting yarn from King Cole. If you need small amounts of yarn and, like me,  don't have any left over from completed projects or in colours you don't usually knit with, these 25 gm balls are ideal. Each ball is 73 metres, 100% acrylic and knits at the standard tension for double knitting yarn on 4 mm needles. The colour choice is excellent with over 30 available.

I purchased a selection of colours for two projects, Emily and Buttons the Clown, found in Jean Greenhowe's Traditional Favourites knitted doll book.


This will be my second attempt at Emily. The wool I used previously was of poor quality and half way through knitting the dress the result was so stiff and wouldn't drape nicely that I abandoned the project. Jean Greenhowe's designs are delightful and to knit them in an inferior yarn would not do them justice. Now, with all these lovely colours, I'm excited at the prospect of knitting Emily again and, of course, Buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Child's Cabled Hooded Jacket - My Next Project

Deciding what to knit next is very exciting and can never be rushed. There are so many patterns and wonderful yarns available that a choice ...