Pages

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Hugs and Hearts - Crocheted Baby Afghan


I crocheted this in Panda Magnum Soft 8 ply in white (#4600), rose (#4602) and tree frog (#4420). This yarn is 100% acrylic and comes in 100 gm balls/189 metres. The result was a lovely soft and snuggly blanket. One complaint I did have about this yarn was the discrepancy with the thickness. The tree frog yarn was thicker than the white and rose, which made the green hearts bulky, but on the whole I was happy with the outcome.

The pattern was from The Big Book of Baby Afghans from Leisure Arts (USA). There are 29 designs for 10 ply and 8 ply yarn. This pattern was marked "easy+" and it was. I had no difficulty following the instructions. This is the first crochet pattern I have tried from the USA and  I didn't know that United States and International crochet terminology differ, but all this is explained in the "General Instructions" pages at the back of the book, along with other useful information.


I really enjoyed crocheting the "Hugs and Hearts" blanket and have bookmarked some of the other designs for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Child's Cabled Hooded Jacket - My Next Project

Deciding what to knit next is very exciting and can never be rushed. There are so many patterns and wonderful yarns available that a choice ...